cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Moving to subversion - volunteers?
Date Sat, 08 May 2004 22:44:33 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> > We agreed that we move to subversion as soon as possible.
> > Next friday we will (hopefully) release 2.1.5, so we
> > should move right after the release.
> >
> > Any volunteers for doing this?
>
> Err... what should we actually do?
>
> I mean, let's say that we have decided that the format will be:
>
> /cocoon/ <- this is the repository
>    /2.0/
>      /trunk/  <- trunk of 2.0
>      /tags/   <- tags of 2.0
>    /2.1/
>      /trunk/  <- trunk of 2.1
>      /tags/   <- tags of 2.1
>
> IIUC we just need to ask infrastructure to run cvs2svn to the cocoon-2.1
> and cocoon-2.2 repos and put them under "cocoon" as 2.1 and 2.2.

And other tasks are preparation and post-convert issues.

Do we need to clean out un-used branches and tags before
the cvs2svn. Otherwise we get a mess of extra branches.
Or do we need to keep everything?

After the cvs2svn we need to set various properties,
like eol-style for the text line-endings issue, and
deal with the .cvsignore stuff. At Forrest we were not
sure what we were doing, so we did it anyway. We did
a recursive eol-style=native, then reset that prop for
all the binary stuff (manually). There must be a better
way.

--David