cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [QVote] Release 2.1.5 on May 14th (Cform API Convergence scheduled > 2.1.6?)
Date Thu, 06 May 2004 17:04:15 GMT
On Wed, 2004-05-05 at 20:28, leo leonid wrote:
> Hi,
> Not that I'm strictly against a release, but I thought, that the new
> 2.1.5 release should mean something like officially launching CForms,
> after it's stabilization, in respect of the 'final' API.

Don't know where you got that idea from :-)

> Actually we
> have two APIs, one widely deprecated, the other is looked at as an
> aging prototype. Bruno seems to be the only one concerned about the
> current situation, I'm still wondering why his v3 proposal didn't find
> any resonance?

Everybody's too busy... but I can warmly recommend it (the v3 API). It's
nothing revolutionary or so, just a combination of aspects from both
other API's, so that you don't have to choose between them. That, and
some added focus that the sendPageAndWait loop should be easily
overridable.