cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject CForms validator function Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/forms/samples/forms sitemap.xmap customvalidationdemo_form.xml customvalidationdemo_template.xml
Date Thu, 06 May 2004 16:50:17 GMT
On Thu, 2004-05-06 at 16:23, vgritsenko@apache.org wrote:
> vgritsenko    2004/05/06 07:23:04
>
>   Modified:    .        status.xml
>                src/blocks/forms/samples sitemap.xmap welcome.xml
>                src/blocks/forms/java/org/apache/cocoon/forms/flow/javascript
>                         Form.js
>                src/blocks/forms/java/org/apache/cocoon/forms/flow/javascript/v2
>                         Form.js
>                src/blocks/forms/java/org/apache/cocoon/forms/flow/javascript/v3
>                         Form.js
>                src/blocks/forms/samples/forms sitemap.xmap
>   Removed:     src/blocks/forms/samples/flow customvalidationdemo.js
>                src/blocks/forms/samples/forms customvalidationdemo_form.xml
>                         customvalidationdemo_template.xml
>   Log:
>   Remove flow level custom validators
>   http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=108091920700001&r=1&w=2

(I highly appreciate the cleanup work, but...)

Allthough the flow-level validator function was a hack, won't it be too
annoying for users who are relying on it to throw it out completely?
This will make the woody -> cforms move a bit harder...

Also, couldn't the example be updated to how it should be done now?

Lastly, the behaviour of the WidgetValidators are not yet a complete
replacement for the validator function, see this important BUT in
AbstractContainerWidget:

    public boolean validate() {
        // Validate self only if child widgets are valid
        //TODO: check if we should not change this to still validating
kids first
        // BUT also validating the top level
        if (widgets.validate()) {
            return super.validate();
        } else {
            return false;
        }
    }

Is there anyone who knows a reason why the parent shouldn't be validated
if kids fail? Seems to be too limitting to me.