cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Apologies (was Re: formation@anyware-tech.com)
Date Sat, 01 May 2004 13:47:16 GMT
On 01 May 2004, at 14:37, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Having a section on commercial offering is good (we already have it
> somehow), but what's needed is something more "proactive" to notify
> people of upcoming events such as these training sessions, and I don't
> think people are looking the website in search of regularily updated
> data. Sure, a RSS feed would help, but how much will subscribe to this
> feed?

"If it's any good, they will come." Don't you and your family visit
small shops who don't do any advertising, just because of
word-of-mouth, i.e. someone referring you to it? If we have an actively
maintained ad section with an RSS feed, pointing to interesting web
pages, this might be enough for people to subscribe to that feed and
decide for themselves how frequently they'll check that feed. I
wouldn't even mind having a course calendar with all offerings
side-by-side on our site: it shows people Cocoon is a serious project,
and that they can choose to attend courses in plenty of different
locations.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org