cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [RT] - XUL revisited....
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2004 11:06:29 GMT
Antonio Gallardo <agallardo <at> agssa.net> writes:

> > I even see no request/response cycles are saved.

Some words are missing above: I even see no problems when no request/response
cycles are saved.

> Some cycles can be saved in the similar way as they are saved by DHTML.
> Example: suppose you have a textbox widget as required. XUL can also check
> it before post back to the server.

Of course you can, but I would not like to see as I pointed out (consistent
client and server side validation). The null check might be a trivial case, but
were do you stop? Is a number or regexp check still trivial?

Joerg