cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Olivier Billard <obill...@jouve.fr>
Subject Datasource bug or javadoc error ?
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2004 07:19:38 GMT
Hi Cocooners,

It may more suit for the avalon list, but since the most of the use is
in cocoon (I guess), maybe you experimented my pb.

In the ResourceLimitingJdbcDataSource, used by default as
DataSourceComponent in Cocoon, it is said for the auto-commit conf :
"The auto-commit attribute is used to determine the default auto-commit
mode for the Connections returned by this DataSource."

So for me, when I get a connection via datasource.getConnection(), if I
set auto-commit="true" in the datasource conf, the connection that I get
has the autocommit to "true".

"Eh bé non !" (damned)
The autocommit is only set when a new instance is created by the
connection factory, and never later...
So if you get a first connection, its autocommit is set to the value you
put in the datasource conf, but if a connection having an autocommit to
"false" returns to the pool, the next connection you'll get will have a
"false" autocommit, and not the value you set in the datasource conf...

Is there a thing that misunderstood, or is this a bug ?

--
Olivier Billard