cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE:RESULTS] Move to SVN
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2004 08:27:29 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Since we are working a lot with branches, and there will be even more
> moving stuff around when the blocks will hit the street, I propose that
> we move Cocoon to use SVN. It works very well and we will be pushed to
> use it in any case in the near future.

The result is that we have decided to move to subversion right after the
next 2.1 branch point release.

In the meantime I warmly suggest all to take a look at the subversion
manual at http://subversion.tigris.org/ and trying it out with the test
repo at:

   https://svn.apache.org/repos/test

In particular check and try how to move, copy and rename files, how to
delete dirs (yes, it can be done :-) and how to branch-merge.

On the subversion site you can find all the information needed for
plugins and GUIs that can help you work more easily with SVN.

Happy hacking!

             - verba volant, scripta manent -