cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE RESULTS] Make ProcessingException extend CascadingRuntimeException
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2004 17:52:52 GMT
Ugo Cei wrote:

> Il giorno 20/apr/04, alle 18:55, Nicola Ken Barozzi ha scritto:
>
>> These rules are the ones that came out of HTTPD land, and reflect a
>> codebase that changes very differently from ours. What you should
>> really be looking at is: http://xml.apache.org/decisions.html
>
> I had already looked there, but that page strikes me as a wierd mix of
> circular and incomplete definitions.

For me, this is a majority vote. If it were a consensus vote, I'd have
voted -0.

My rule of the thumb:
1 - a veto generally applies to cvs commits that are dangerous and that
can be technically demonstrated to be so
2 - all other votes are majority
3 - if a majority vote is split, try to get more consensus
4 - if it's a minor thing, just do it, and don't ask a vote. At most
just a heads up and go for it.

In any case, we need our guidelines.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -