cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE RESULTS] Make ProcessingException extend CascadingRuntimeException
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2004 16:55:00 GMT
Ugo Cei wrote:

> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>> Ugo Cei wrote:

>>> Thank you for the clarification. I did look around for an exhaustive
>>> and unambiguous description of our voting procedures, but couldn't
>>> find any. Do you have any pointers?
>>
>> http://incubator.apache.org/learn/voting.html
>
> Hmmm...
>
> "Under normal (non-lazy consensus) conditions, the proposal requires
> three positive votes and no negative ones in order to pass; [...]
> For code-modification votes, +1 votes are in favour of the proposal, but
> -1 votes are vetos  and kill the proposal dead until all vetoers
> withdraw their -1 votes."
>
> Doesn't this apply to this vote?

I knew you would ask ;-)

These rules are the ones that came out of HTTPD land, and reflect a
codebase that changes very differently from ours. What you should really
be looking at is: http://xml.apache.org/decisions.html

We should have our own voting guidelines... where are they?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -