cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Avalon Logkit 1.2.2 - myth or reality?
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2004 19:29:08 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
> >It's reality - the next version will be 2.0 (if any).
> >
> >Look here:
> >
> >http://www.apache.org/dist/avalon/logkit/jars/
> >

> I took
> http://www.apache.org/dist/avalon/logkit/source/logkit-1.2.2-src.zip and
> found 1.2.2-*dev* inside!
>
> And, where is the source (I mean, CVS)? I don't see a tag.

Oh, not every project has a release manager like Cocoon has :)
I think it got forgotten and wasn't checked properly. I fear the only
chance you have is to look when it was released (find the announcement
mail) and take the code from that day from CVS. LogKit hasn't changed
in that time. After the 1.2.2 all deprecated code has been removed and
the version had been changed to 2.0. Rumours are that a 2.0 release
will be out soon, but that depends on some people at Avalon doing it.

Carsten