cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@d-haven.org>
Subject Re: [forms] recursive event loops
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2004 13:31:51 GMT
Bruno Dumon wrote:

> I noticed that when I do setValue on a widget in the event handler of
> that widget, that CForms goes into an endless loop.
>
> It would be easy to disable adding new events during event processing,
> but I saw the following comment at Form.fireWidgetEvents:
>     /**
>      * Fire the widget events that have been queued. Note that event
>      * handling can fire new events.
>      */
>
> so it seems this behaviour is on purpose. Do we want to keep it that
> way, or has anyone other suggestions on how to prevent the endless loop?

Events are a powerful feature, which means it is just as easy to abuse
it as it is to use it.  I have some general guidelines that I assembled
from working on Swing based applications which I have posted over here:

http://s94077374.onlinehome.us/modules/news/article.php?storyid=12

Please be patient, my site seems to be going up and down lately, and I
am not sure why.