cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Kernel22] How to develop a component?
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2004 14:05:35 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:

> On 07 Apr 2004, at 11:09, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>> The issue is not so technical as it's of indipendence from something
>> that, in the good and the bad, has not helped Cocoon be built by Gump
>> for ages now.
>
> As much as I like "Gumpinal Correctness" for the sanity of us Cocoon
> committers, I'm not sure whether Gump has the goal of driving
> architectural decisions for the projects it is aggregating information
> from. It is a helper tool and should not decide for us, no?

Gump is deciding for us? Did I read "Gump wrote?" :-P

The fact is that a tool tells me that a project we depend upon does not
get built regularly: this *does* impact on architectural decisions.

Remember? Build on sand, build on stone... maybe you haven't been reading.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -