cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Kernel22] How to develop a component?
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2004 09:09:54 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> To be honest, I still don't buy the classloader problem theory. I'm just
> saying that we should try to support interfaces like Configurable etc.

For Cocoon blocks or for other components?

> And the dependency is very minimal. It's just a dependency against the
> avalon
> framework api version 4.1.5 - a released version. There is no need in
> following the development of Avalon.

The issue is not so technical as it's of indipendence from something
that, in the good and the bad, has not helped Cocoon be built by Gump
for ages now.

What I don't understand, is the portability of *which* Avalon components
you don't want to loose. Business logic used as Avalon components? I
don't see why not retain this possibility. The question is just about
the *Cocoon* components, that are not portable anyway between Cocoon'ECM
and, for example, Merlin.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -