cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From volker.schm...@basf-it-services.com
Subject Incompatible change Request.getRequestURI()
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2004 18:45:57 GMT
I have updated from Cocoon 2.1.2 to the current HEAD and found out, that
there is a diffent behavior in the return value of Request.getRequestURI().
If an external request forward the request to an internal cocoon pipeline
and in this internal pipeline Request.getRequestURI() is called the 2.1.2
release return the URI of the external Request and the current version
return the URI of the internal request.
In the new version there is a new method RequestWrapper.setRequestURI()
which is called from
TreeProcessor$ForwardEnvironmentWrapper.setInternalRedirect(). This call
change the value to the internal URI. In the old version the RequestWrapper
allways returns the value of the external HttpRequest.

So the question is, is this a bug or a feature ? ;-) If it is a feature, my
problem is, that I am not able to get the external URI anymore.

WDYT?

Thanks,

Volker