cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject [RT] Generating docs and entries for sitemap component from JavaDocs
Date Thu, 29 Apr 2004 12:44:29 GMT
I think we discussed this and I think to remember that the
general opinion has been pro the following.

I think we should start generating the user docs for sitemap
components from the java docs. Currently these are separate
things which leads to
- user doc is not updated when the component changes
- component is only documented in java docs
- duplicate comments

In addition I would like to generate the entries for the sitemap
from the javadocs as well. Currently we have the core components
already in the main sitemap and add the optional components (from
blocks) by using the xpatch utility. So again, this is an
addition configuration file.

The general idea is to use some javadoc tags, like @cocoon.something
to specify sitemap components (their name, perhaps the logger
category etc.) and generate the sitemap entries from this.
In addition the JavaDoc for the class will be converted into the
XML doc file for that component (and added to the index etc.)

I'm currently in "do mood" and played a little bit with a qdox
based ant task and would like to get a first version finished in
the next days. The first version will be used for those
components that currently don't have docs, so (nothing) will
break and we can play around with it.

WDYT?

Carsten

Carsten Ziegeler