cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject [Kernel2.2] Sample of a Component
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2004 09:44:11 GMT
I'm trying to figure out what the current kernel already provides and
what not. I know, Pier, that you want to commit some samples soon, but
curious as I am, I have to ask now. Sorry :)

Let's forget all the xml (descriptors etc) for a moment. Imagine I want
to write a block, that provides - let's say a special file generator -
that can be used in other blocks (in my app block).

Now, obviously this generator will implement our Cocoon Generator interface.
What else does the kernel already provide for the component lifecycle?
(Logging, Configuration etc.)

Or is this a to discuss/do?

Carsten