cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [Vote] Repository Usage and Versioning
Date Sat, 24 Apr 2004 11:05:41 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> I don't think new policy which is being voted in should be
> applied retroactively. Meaning, I'd suggest this policy to be
> in effect starting with Cocoon 2.1.5.

Yes, agreed. But do we need a 2.1.5?

> Thus, plan of action would be in this case:
>  * Let Cocoon 2.1.5 out.
>  * Move to Subcersion.
>  * Start Cocoon 2.2.
>  * Remove deprecated classes in 2.2 which Carsten mentioned recently.

Yes, I really would love to do it in the order you suggest, but
unfortunately
we can't make a release because of the licensing problems. So, we have
a lot of nice code for 2.2 lying around and are not apply to check it in.
And who knows how long it will take until we can make a 2.1.5 release,
so I want to start right now with 2.2.
Of course, if we can solve the licensing issue right now, I'm +5 on this!

Carsten