cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: Trying to solve a bug
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2004 13:19:23 GMT
Jean-Christophe Kermagoret wrote:

> Hi,
> it seems you correct the bug.
>
> I will verify deeper in the evening.

Great!

> May you tell me what you did ?
>
> I saw you modify HTMLEventLinkTransformer What else have you done ?

Yes, I modified this transformer in the way you already did. This
transformer
generates sax events that are catched by the CopletTransformer. I changed
the CopletTransformer as well. Now, if the coplet transformer receives a
form element with an enctype attribute, it will create the form element
and add hidden input fields to the form for each request parameter the
action has.
For example: <form action="portal?hallo=you" enctype="something">
is transformed to
<form action="portal" enctype="something">
  <input type="hidden" name="hallo" value="you"/>

That's it.

> By the way, what tools are you using ?
Just eclipse.

> Have you got a hot code replace servlet container to test
> what you develop ?
Sometimes I use Tomcat 4.1.27/29 for this, but it seemed that the code
wasn't
always replaced although Tomcat did tell that it reloaded the classes etc.
So in the end you where never sure if the old or the new code was really
running which makes debugging a little bit painfull :)

> Is it ever possible with cocoon ?
Sure, it doesn't depend on Cocoon but rather on the container or the jdk.

>From my experiences, restarting the container (jetty in my case) is
not that slow but very reliable. You always know that your latest code
is running.

> Thanks a lot for your help. I will close the bug tomorrow if
> everything goes well.

Great. Thanks

Carsten