cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: Trying to solve a bug
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2004 08:44:12 GMT
Hi,

now I think I remember that I had the same problem when I wrote the
upload coplet sample that is in the basket sample in our CVS.
If you specify an enctype attribute, the request parameters appended
to the uri in the form action attribute are either not send to
Cocoon or are not received by Cocoon - I tested this with Tomcat
and Jetty. So I guess this is by design.
Now, the portal rewrites all links in order to process them correctly.
When you use the portal-html-eventlink transformer, it rewrites
a form action to something like "portal?cocoon-portal-action=24".
So, if then also an enctype attribute is set for the form, Cocoon
never receives the request parameter.
Instead putting this into a hidden field works. So I think this
is not a bug of the portal.
If you want to have a form with an enctype attribute you have
either to expand the html-eventlink transformer so that it creates
in this case a form element without request parameters in the
action, but with some hidden input fields or you have to write
your own transformer for this. You can use the BasketTransformer
as a starting point.

HTH
Carsten