cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [RT] Versions
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2004 10:20:27 GMT
Marc Portier wrote:

> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
> <snip />
>
> > And in addition, 2.2 would be the first release with the official
> > cocoon forms version. This alone makes a version change acceptable.
> >

> do you already have a timeframe in mind?
> (cforms is still unstable, and is IMO not near removing that tag)

Oh, that's bad. I don't have a timeframe in mind. I had a timeframe
in mind for 2.1.5 (end of march/beginning of april), but due to the
licensing problems it's currently not possible to release :(
So, currently I'm waiting for those problems to get solved and then
we can think about a timeframe. But regardless of that, I think
we should get a new release out asap.

> > WDYT?
> >

> in general I'm all for a more formal description of the
> meaning of versions to us.
>
> something like: http://apr.apache.org/versioning.html but
> probably more focussed towards Java classes, interfaces, xml
> schema's and namespaces ?
>
> from there we could probably formulate some guidelines
> towards associating code maintenance actions like
> - bugfixing
> - deprectation
> - addition
> - removal
>
> and how that is reflected in our cvs management towards
> - tagging
> - branching/merging
> - new repository

Yes, good idea!

Do I understand you correctly that you are volunteering? Great :)

Carsten