cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: CocoonComponentManager
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2004 10:59:32 GMT
Leo Sutic wrote:

> > From: Carsten Ziegeler [mailto:cziegeler@s-und-n.de]
> >
> > This would give everyone access to the info (ok, the current static
> > methods are accessible as well) and imho makes it more visible.
>
> I think it'd make it less visible. For example, you can pass
> the CocoonContext only to specific components, while the
> statics are available everywhere.
>
> > Just curious, why do want to do this? Do you just want to use the
> > TreeProcessor as a processor for a custom XML? Or are you using the
> > TreeProcessor to process a sitemap in a different
> environment? Now, I
> > think, if the TreeProcessor is used for custom XML, then
> you could use
> > the TreeBuilder I think (I'm not that sure). If you want to
> process a
> > sitemap, you need the dependency to the cocoon stuff anyway.
>
> I will process a reduced sitemap. Just generators, actions,
> transformers and serializers. Nothing more. In theory I could
> define my own pipeline language, write my own components, and
> so on, but I figured I'd try to re-use as much of Cocoon as possible.
>
> Specifically, I will not be using flow, continuations or subsitemaps.

Thanks for the info. Hmm, there are several places - not just the
TreeProcessor - that use these static methods, so this would require
more changes then just these two places. On the other hand I see
your need.
Now, I personally think, if we change this, we should first use the
improved code from the 2.2 base as it has less static methods and
is in some respects cleaner and then see what we can do with the
remaining stuff. But that's just my opinion.

Carsten