cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From leo leonid <...@leonid.de>
Subject Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/forms/java/org/apache/cocoon/forms/flow/javascript Form.js
Date Sat, 03 Apr 2004 17:40:25 GMT

On Apr 3, 2004, at 5:55 PM, Joerg Heinicke wrote:

>>> It still doesn't work in general.
>> The problem is, that you only cancel standard validation. But you get
>> stuck if you have a additional custom validation step.
>
> This means you have set a validator on the flow script level, i.e.
> this.validator = aFunction; ??

yep, inspired by Bruno's custom validation sample...

> If so, this feature is more or less deprecated though there was no
> official decision made about this until now, but Sylvain mentioned it
> as he added the possibility of adding validators to every widget. The
> flow script validator was more or less a hack,
Hey, I'm  happy with it, it was a feature, *now* we have a bug.

>  now you have something official.
  If it is as useful and funny, OK!

I mean, if you say its a wontfix I immediately stop patching my
Form.js, willing to follow your official way. Could you give me a
pointer to this. (Or a replacement of the then deprecated custom
validation sample would be great ;)

/leo