cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Serializers issues...
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2004 14:41:51 GMT
Me and Jerm (who's working right beside me ATM) have found some
problems with the serializers shipped with XALAN, as outlined in those
messages that randomly hit the mailing list...

I basically fixed the GARBAGE serializers to work now cleanly as cocoon
serializers, simple job, but as far as we could see, the new ones work
much _MUCH_ better than Xalan's own (they might be slower, but they're
more compliant).

I'd like to commit this as a cocoon-2.1 block if noone objects, as a
"serializers" block... It comes with full encoding/charsets/i18n
support, and i'd like to mark it (for now) as unstable...

For sure committing it to the Cocoon CVS is going to be easier for us
than keep shipping patches and JARs to Jerm :-P

Any objections?

	Pier

BTW, for those of you who don't know, yes, I've been on holiday for a
week over easter, and I'm now resuming work, so (as you might have
noticed by a couple of commits last week), also the framework will move
along... sorry for not notifying earlier (someone nagged me privately
asking "hey, what's up with it?").