cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Web based GUI development environment for Cocoon
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2004 16:25:20 GMT
Le 5 avr. 04, à 18:09, Hunsberger, Peter a écrit :
> ...Anyone know if Flex is even something we could
> really generate (legally) from Cocoon?

This document
http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/flex/articles/paradigm.html
says "The first time a user requests HelloWorld.mxml, the server
compiles the MXML code into Flash bytecode (a SWF file)....

So IIUC, the Flex XML is not sent to the client but rather used by a
(proprietary) server to build an SWF file.

If this is right, and unless there's an open Flex-to-SWF conversion
tool, or Flash clients support Flex, we should rather generate SWF
directly, either improving the existing Spark-based stuff or using
JGenerator (http://www.flashgap.com/, apparently distributed under an
Apache style license).

-Bertrand