cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: flowscript bizData "AOP"
Date Sun, 18 Apr 2004 08:24:27 GMT
Il giorno 17/apr/04, alle 20:28, Christopher Oliver ha scritto:

> I think you can use a combination of session attributes and jx macros
> to get the effect you want, e.g.
>
> // Flow script
>
> function toSAX(str, consumer) {
> }
>
> cocoon.session.setAttribute("stringToSAX",  toSAX);

So you can set a Flowscript function as an attribute of a Session?
Well, I suppose it makes sense, since in the end it's just an Object,
but it would have never occurred to me.

> Since both Flow script (cocoon.load()) and JXTemplateGenerator
> (<jx:import/>) support  including other files you can factor such code
> into supporting "library" files and include them in your application
> code.

That's true, but I suspect it's going to quickly become a FAQ unless we
do something to support it out-of-the-box. The number one FAQ related
to XSP is already "How do I insert an XML fragment taken from whatever
source inside my output without having special characters escaped?" or
a similar one.

	Ugo