cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE RESULTS] Make ProcessingException extend CascadingRuntimeException
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2004 17:33:09 GMT
Il giorno 20/apr/04, alle 18:55, Nicola Ken Barozzi ha scritto:

> These rules are the ones that came out of HTTPD land, and reflect a
> codebase that changes very differently from ours. What you should
> really be looking at is: http://xml.apache.org/decisions.html

I had already looked there, but that page strikes me as a wierd mix of
circular and incomplete definitions.

"An action requiring consensus approval must receive at least 3 binding
+1 votes and no binding vetos. An action requiring majority approval
must receive at least 3 binding +1 votes and more +1 votes than -1
votes. All other action items are considered to have lazy approval
until somebody votes - 1, after which point they are decided by either
consensus or majority vote, depending on the type of action item."

[...]

"Product Changes

Changes to the products of the Project, including code and
documentation, will appear as action items in the status file. All
product changes to the currently active repository are subject to lazy
consensus."

We clearly have a product change, here, which is subject to lazy
consensus until someone votes -1, which happpened, after which point it
is decided depending on the type of action item, which is subject to
lazy consensus until someone votes -1, which happpened, after which
point it is decided depending on the type of action item, which ... I'm
afraid.......I'm afraid, Dave. ;-)

	Ugo