cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Corin Moss" <Corin.M...@tvnz.co.nz>
Subject RE: [RT] - XUL revisited....
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2004 21:42:23 GMT

I'm willing to help in any XUL development exercise.

Corin

-----Original Message-----
From: luke hubbard [mailto:luke@symbiosys.biz]
Sent: Tuesday, 6 April 2004 2:32 a.m.
To: dev@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Re: [RT] - XUL revisited....

Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> "if we have the control"... Unfortunately, 90% of people out there use
IE...

98% of people out there have Flash Player. :)
Flash is installed on most machines, it can load and parse xml, and has
a wide range of ui components. It would be great if we could create a
flash component to render cforms that could be used from within the
flash IDE. Also a standalone swf file that could be embedded into a html
page to display a form for ppl without the IDE. As we all  know flash is
not open source, but the swf format is. Im not sure if there are
licencing issues with regard to distributing swf file(s) that contains
the MM ui components. Would need to read the EULA carefuly. Even if it
was a problem I have heard there are a group of developers working on
open source ui components.

Anyway just an idea. I have a few more regarding cocoon & flash
intergration but they can wait for another day. Im not against XUL,
think it would be the right choice for some apps. Would be cool to have
multiple cforms styling options.

Regards,
Luke

us online at http://www.tvnz.co.nz