cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "roy huang" <lingererhu...@hotmail.com>
Subject npe with portal block sample.
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2004 07:58:02 GMT
Hi all.
  I use portal block as application main page,it always produce NPE,but I can't conclude it.Today
I tried http://localhost:8888/samples/blocks/portal/portal in current cvs version and found
the sample will produce NPE too.I don't know if it is a bug or has been posted in Bugzilla,so
I describe here:
  In the sample,login as cocoon then:
  1.In News tab ,select one coplet,full screen,delete it.NPE appear:
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.: java.lang.RuntimeException:
java.lang.NullPointerException

Original Exception: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.run(TransformerImpl.java:3418)
	at org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerHandlerImpl.endDocument(TransformerHandlerImpl.java:389)

  2.Refresh the browser,the correct window appear.

  3.Select TabDemo2,NPE appear again and the whole portal doesn't work then.

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.: java.lang.RuntimeException:
java.lang.NullPointerException

Original Exception: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.run(TransformerImpl.java:3418)
	at org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerHandlerImpl.endDocument(TransformerHandlerImpl.java:389)
	at org.apache.cocoon.xml.AbstractXMLPipe.endDocument(AbstractXMLPipe.java:56)

If you select TabDemo2 at the first and full-screen--->delete,it generate NPE directly
and fatally.Only logout can return the login page.

Is it a bug and is it have been post in Bugzilla?

Roy Huang