cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: Modular database component (was: OT: [RT] Use of flowscript or the pyramid of contracts)
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2004 08:57:53 GMT
Le 19 avr. 04, à 10:51, Antonio Gallardo a écrit :

> ...I will be glad to propose a
> Groovy block that will use BSF more oriented to Groovy needs. Something
> like precompiling support of classes, then if the source don't change
> we
> will be able to run the class as a generator (as XSP do now)....

Of course, the interface with Groovy can be optimized, probably by
embedding it directly instead of going through BSF, and later
precompiling, etc.

OTOH, a ScriptableDatabaseComponent (or any scriptable component for
that matter) could be created fairly easily based on the existing
ScriptGenerator (or a refactoring of it), and once the interface of the
ScriptableDatabaseComponent is defined the implementation can be
optimized later on.

So for me the question is: what interface would such a component need
to be useful from within Flow.

-Bertrand