cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Make ProcessingException extend CascadingRuntimeException
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2004 22:02:48 GMT
I think everyone interested has had the option of venting his opinion
on the subject of checked vs. unchecked exceptions. For the record,
here [1] is the relevant thread.

In order to move forward, I propose to reparent the
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException to extend
org.apache.avalon.framework.CascadingRuntimeException instead of
CascadingException.

The change is backward-compatible and is a one-line change that can be
reverted easily, but might have implications on the way we manage
exceptions in the future.

I've already performed the change locally and everything compiles.
Tests fail, but they failed also before the change :-(.

So, please cast your votes.

	Ugo