cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Generating docs and entries for sitemap component from JavaDocs
Date Thu, 29 Apr 2004 15:04:38 GMT
Le 29 avr. 04, à 16:57, Carsten Ziegeler a écrit :

> ...Basically I mostly agree with you. It's not that good to have user
> docs in the Java Source, but it's better to have the JavaDocs as
> a documentation than nothing :) (which is today the case - sometimes
> at least).

Big +1
And Carsten said he was in a "do mood" today so let's try not to slow
him down ;-)

> ...The first step would be a task that does:
> FileGenerator.java -> userdocs/generators/file.xml (based on the
> info in the class)

Sounds good.
And if you could find a way (intermediate document?) to put "hooks"
into the generated document, it might be easier later on to merge them
with narrative documentation.

For example:
@cocoondoc-section parameters
@cocoondoc-... (tags describing parameters)
@cocoondoc-section sitemap-example
@cocoondoc-... (tags describing sitemap example)

Which could translate in the XML generated docs to

<section name="parameters">
<section name="sitemap-example">

Then, a narrative XML document which completes this reference doc could
use elements like

<include-doc-section name="parameters"/>

to easily merge both things.

> ...But I think, let's do simple steps :)

Yes, *do* is the key here.
Go, Carsten, go!

-Bertrand