cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: OOME on building serializers block (was Re: Planning the 2.1.5 release)
Date Fri, 30 Apr 2004 18:30:51 GMT
On 30 Apr 2004, at 08:07, Marc Portier wrote:
> Joerg Heinicke wrote:

>>> I seriously suspect that it breaks because of memory leaks in JavaC
>> Might be.
>>> when doing a full cocoon build, from the beginning with a lot of
>>> blocks enabled.
>> I tested it with only the serializers block enabled:
>> OutOfMemoryError. While I can build Cocoon with all blocks enabled
>> except serializers block.
>
> same here
>
>> Something special must be about this block's sources, maybe the huge
>> arrays.
>>> I'm sure that if that block could be built easily if the "javac"
>>> task "fork" attribute can be set to true...
>> This might work for the build system, but not for Eclipse or other
>> IDEs.
>
> well, I just modify the project/properties in eclipse and throw away
> the block sources from the build path... that just works
>
> would be nice though if we had a version of the 'eclipse-project'
> target that would do it for me by taking into account the
> local.blocks.properties (hey, was that a hint?)

Unfortunately I'm not one of the few poor "giza"(s) using Eclipse, so,
got no clue of what you're talking about... :-P

Anyhow, I split up the block... The big-big OOME-generating part are
the charsets, and I've simply factored them out into an ignorable
subdirectory, with its own build file, generating a JAR which gets
copied at compile time...

Also, to generate the charsets you mostly need J2SDK 1.4, so, it might
have broken some other stuff... blablabla... Putting all into a JAR
solves the problem AFAICS...

Can the Eclipsers give it a shot?

	Pier

PS. "GIZA" comes from Jeremy... Spending too much time w/ that guy
lately! :-P