cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist ...@wrinkledog.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon and Hibernate
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2004 18:01:36 GMT

On Apr 5, 2004, at 11:31 AM, Hugo Burm wrote:

> I have been thinking about a
> Hibernate block on cocoondev.org.

That would be great!

I've been working on getting your Hibernate+Woody sample working for:

• Cocoon 2.1.5_dev
• Hibernate 2.0, w/ minimal changes to hibernate.properties (just the
dialect & credentials for MySQL)
• MySQL 4.0

I left it in 'woody' as I had no particular need to make the sample
work in 'CForms'.  Only minor changes were needed, I think just to the
form definition (added <wd:datatype base-"string"> to a couple of
widgets).

Here is the exact set of jars from the Hibernate2 distro that need to
be copied for this sample to work:

hibernate2.jar
odmg-3.0.jar
dom4j-1.4.jar
cglib-2.0-rc2.jar
jta.jar
ehcache-0.6.jar
mysql-connector-java-3.0.8-stable-bin.jar

Here's where I'm stuck now: the form.load() crapped out saying it
expected a java.lang.Long and got a java.lang.Integer instead.  So I
changed the datatype from "long" to "integer" in the form definition,
and behold — the first load() worked, I ran through the sample, and the
save() worked, too.  But when I tried the sample again, the load()
barfed again, saying that now it wants an Integer and is getting a Long
instead!

Any ideas?  I'm the rankest of noobs to Hibernate, so kind of
scratching my head right now...

Thanks for any help,
mark