cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE RESULTS] Make ProcessingException extend CascadingRuntimeException
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2004 19:46:13 GMT
Il giorno 20/apr/04, alle 19:40, Leo Sutic ha scritto:

> My personal guideline is this: If you have -1's you don't have
> consensus.
>
> Unless you have consensus, you shouldn't implement whatever
> it is you propose.

I'm inclined to refrain from making this change now. The vote is more
or less split, with only a small majority pro, and the issue is not
that important.

My opinion, as already mentioned, is that we should drop checked
exceptions for good. If I cannot even convince more than four people
that we should at least change one exception type, it's better to wait.

Maybe, one day, I'll write my own framework and host Cocoon in it, so I
can have it my way. Hey, that's an idea: make Cocoon independent of the
actual framework by using a meta-framework that insulates components
from the implementation details of the container. There should be a
standard for it, so that we might host Cocoon inside Avalon, Spring,
Nanocontainer, Picocontainer, whatever ... ;-).

	Ugo