cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: Planning the 2.1.5 release
Date Thu, 29 Apr 2004 17:48:09 GMT
On 28 Apr 2004, at 15:57, Joerg Heinicke wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler <at> s-und-n.de> writes:
>
>> It's time to think about the next release. As far as I can see there
>> are currently no real showstoppers.
>>
>> So, is there something that we should do for the 2.1.5 release?
>
> There is a problem with the new serializers block. From the developers
> I seem to
> be the only one having problems [1], but today this issue was also
> raised by two
> persons on the users list [2]. Imagine what happens if this is
> released as it is!

I seriously suspect that it breaks because of memory leaks in JavaC
when doing a full cocoon build, from the beginning with a lot of blocks
enabled.

I noticed it once doing a full build, and then it went away once I
removed some other blocks.

I'm sure that if that block could be built easily if the "javac" task
"fork" attribute can be set to true...

Is there a way to override compilation settings for individual blocks?

	Pier