cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: Modular database component (was: OT: [RT] Use of flowscript or the pyramid of contracts)
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2004 08:41:38 GMT
Le 19 avr. 04, à 10:17, Reinhard Poetz a écrit :
> ...The best way integrating database support in Flowscript is using an
> *O/R-mapper*. If this is too complicated I would recommend a general
> database component....

I don't know much about the ModularDatabaseActions, but would a
ModularDatabaseComponent be much more powerful or much easier to use
than a ScriptableDatabaseComponent?

I'm thinking of something similar to the existing ScriptGenerator in
the BSF block, using Groovy scripts to let the user implement  the
details of database queries and result set formatting. I don't know
about what kind of interface you're thinking about for the database
component though, did you think about it already?

I hope I'm not being too loud about Groovy, but when I see the absolute
coolness of the GroovySql syntax [1], combined with the responsiveness
of the Groovy developers, it is hard for me to refrain from pushing it
as hard as I can ;-)

-Bertrand

[1] http://groovy.codehaus.org/sql.html - look at the GroovyMarkup
example down the page, we're very close to having this in the BSF block