cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <>
Subject Re: OT: [RT] Use of flowscript or the pyramid of contracts
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2004 10:08:11 GMT
Leszek Gawron dijo:
> On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 02:44:11AM -0600, Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>> Leszek Gawron dijo:
>> You are cruel! :-D
>> We are trying to show people the right things from the beginning:
>> Last week, we training our new coworker with PHP background. We started
>> show the Cocoon world with OJB+JXTG+CForms+Flow. After 2 days of
>> intensive
>> training (8 hours each day and BTW, I cannot speak anymore) + Carlos the
>> day after guiding in a sample of a contact DB webapp (cca. 5 tables) in
>> 1
>> day.
> Noone would pay me for the training so if someone wants advice I cannot
> spend 16 hours straight to do that only.

No one payed us for that. :-(
We are a very small company in a very poor country. We need to go to the
streets to find our food! :-D

But training is the right thing, the more you train people, the less you
save time later. This is a fact! :-D

Also it helps me to see if I am able to explain all this stuff. It helps a
lot to consolidate the knowledges about Cocoon. BTW, it was my first
conference and I think it was good. Before that, I was afraid I was able
to talk about Cocoon for 1 hour, but now I am afraid that 1 hour
presentation is too small time for that!

If things goes good, I will do a Cocoon presentation on summer for
university students in my country. I hope it will encourage more people to
try the Cocoon way.

> But if I tell him: Look at the sitemap, create a simple view, create an
> action ahat does an insert with esql
> - he manages to do it by himself. Step forward is one of those 4
> technologies
> you mentioned (learning 4 at the same time can give a newbie pretty big
> headache)

Told me about that! I am one of the early adopters. :-D
We made the switch from XSP+DBActions+FormValidatorAction -> the 4
mentioned technologies at once, without training! In our office, I am the
one who spend time trying new things before commit them for prodution. I
really love this part of my job.

> It is always better to start from the right place but without guidance
> it's start small or do not start at all.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

View raw message