cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist ...@wrinkledog.com>
Subject Re: [cforms] Clear validation error on a widget?
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2004 19:45:18 GMT

On Apr 14, 2004, at 12:04 PM, Mark Lundquist wrote:

> I just added ScriptableWidget.jsFunction_clearValidationError(), and
> that seems to fix my trouble.  <snip...>

Well, it _almost_ fixed it :-(.

But I was naïve about what I could expect from onValidate().  I clear
the validation error, but I'm clearing it after the fact — the form has
already decided that it needs to be redisplayed because of that
validation error:

 From v2/Form.js:

     var finished = javaWidget.process(formContext);
     if (this.onValidate) {
         this.onValidate(this);
     }
     if (!finished || userErrors > 0) {
         cocoon.continuation = this.local_.webContinuation;

this.local_.webContinuation.continuation(this.local_.webContinuation);
     }
     return wk;

So there's nothing I can do in onValidate() that can prevent this loop
from continuing, so the result is that I have to submit twice.

Rats!
~ mark