cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Re: NetUtils / StringUtils / Tokenizer
Date Fri, 30 Apr 2004 07:21:20 GMT
Nathaniel Alfred wrote:
> The 30 lines are already in an available JAR, only normalize() is
> currently private there:
>
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/avalon-excalibur/sourceresolve/src/jav
> a/org/apache/excalibur/source/SourceUtil.java?rev=1.5&view=auto

Hmmm, interesting ... nowadays you can find an implementation under
every turned stone, it seems ;-).

We might compare the different implementations, see which is better and
keep only that.

Just to be picky, the one in Excalibur creates maybe too many temp
String objects:

     path = path.substring(0, i + 1) + path.substring(i + 3);

and scans the input too many times for my taste.

Anyway, all of this will become moot the day we decide not to support
JDK 1.3 anymore.

	Ugo