cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <...@outerthought.org>
Subject OOME on building serializers block (was Re: Planning the 2.1.5 release)
Date Fri, 30 Apr 2004 07:07:24 GMT

Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> On 29.04.2004 19:48, Pier Fumagalli wrote:
>
>>> There is a problem with the new serializers block. From the
>>> developers I seem to
>>> be the only one having problems [1], but today this issue was also
>>> raised by two
>>> persons on the users list [2]. Imagine what happens if this is
>>> released as it is!
>>
>> I seriously suspect that it breaks because of memory leaks in JavaC
>
> Might be.
>
>> when doing a full cocoon build, from the beginning with a lot of
>> blocks enabled.
>

> I tested it with only the serializers block enabled: OutOfMemoryError.
> While I can build Cocoon with all blocks enabled except serializers block.

same here

> Something special must be about this block's sources, maybe the huge
> arrays.
>
>> I'm sure that if that block could be built easily if the "javac" task
>> "fork" attribute can be set to true...
>

> This might work for the build system, but not for Eclipse or other IDEs.

well, I just modify the project/properties in eclipse and throw away the
block sources from the build path... that just works

would be nice though if we had a version of the 'eclipse-project' target
that would do it for me by taking into account the
local.blocks.properties (hey, was that a hint?)

regards,
-marc=