cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: NetUtils / StringUtils / Tokenizer
Date Fri, 30 Apr 2004 00:11:07 GMT
On 30.04.2004 02:04, Antonio Gallardo wrote:

>>>Can you explain more about that?
>>
>>/../     -->     null
>>
>>That's what Ugo called 'bizarre'.
>

> That is not the point. Even me, can clearly understand that. 8-|

I did not query it :-P

> The above sentence talk about ''too many ".."s.'' That is what I asked
> for.

Without claiming to read Ugo's mind I think that's exactly the point.
Too many ".."s means that there are more directories to walk up then it
is possible. /../ is only the most simple sample. /foo/../../ is another
one. And FilenameUtils.normalize()'s javadoc says clearly: "Returns null
if the ..'s went past the root." And that's bizarre.

Joerg