cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Planning the 2.1.5 release
Date Thu, 29 Apr 2004 17:59:26 GMT
On 29.04.2004 19:48, Pier Fumagalli wrote:

>>> It's time to think about the next release. As far as I can see there
>>> are currently no real showstoppers.
>>>
>>> So, is there something that we should do for the 2.1.5 release?
>>
>> There is a problem with the new serializers block. From the developers
>> I seem to
>> be the only one having problems [1], but today this issue was also
>> raised by two
>> persons on the users list [2]. Imagine what happens if this is
>> released as it is!
>

> I seriously suspect that it breaks because of memory leaks in JavaC

Might be.

> when
> doing a full cocoon build, from the beginning with a lot of blocks enabled.

I tested it with only the serializers block enabled: OutOfMemoryError.
While I can build Cocoon with all blocks enabled except serializers block.

Something special must be about this block's sources, maybe the huge arrays.

> I'm sure that if that block could be built easily if the "javac" task
> "fork" attribute can be set to true...

This might work for the build system, but not for Eclipse or other IDEs.

Joerg