cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Collen <colle...@umn.edu>
Subject Re: generator type value substitution
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2004 19:12:56 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:

> Same can be said about calling a function. The solutions is simple: do not use
> wildcard matching if this is a threat for you. But I really think there should
> be such possibility.
>

>>I'd be curious to hear other reasons why it shouldn't be allowed in a
>>Generator, or any other sitemap component for that matter.
>
> Makes two of us :)
> 	lg

;)

On a side note, you might be able to constrain what is allowed by doing this:

<map:match type="regexp" pattern="data/(goods|contractors|stock)">
</map:match>

But then you have to maintain a regexp and the matching might not be quite as fast.  You might
even
be able to get the same effect by using an action which fills the {1} parameter if the * is
a valid
choice.

Tony, just shooting off his mouth and hasn't used Cocoon much lately.