cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Collen <colle...@umn.edu>
Subject Re: generator type value substitution
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2004 19:02:18 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:

> My point is : why isn't the generator type attribute processed with value
> substitution? I could do map:generate type="{1}" and add generator definitions
> at the top of the sitemap.
>
> I can do <map:call function="{1}"/>. What's the difference?

Hmm, all things aside, I don't know why, and there isn't much difference.  The only remote
thing I
could think of is someone triggering a Generator through the URL that you might not neccesarily
want
to be triggered, for security reasons, etc.

I'd be curious to hear other reasons why it shouldn't be allowed in a Generator, or any other

sitemap component for that matter.

Tony