cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Guido Casper <>
Subject Re: [RT] Use of flowscript or the pyramid of contracts
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2004 18:35:42 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Guido Casper wrote:
>> Once such a customized doclet mechanism is in-place (Does someone know
>> wether QDox already has an Ant task? Or maybe we should use XDoclet
>> for that?) it may easily be extended for "some kind of" flowscript-API.
> are you volunteering? ;-)

Hehe, well ... yes. I'm certainly willing to spend some time on it, but
I'm afraid this won't happen within the next 3 weeks. In the meantime
I'm still trying to find out the most reasonable way to do it.

Ruling out XDoclet and considering QDox I'm "confronted" with 3 options:

1) Let Forrest do it via QDoxSource. This has the drawback of the docs
being only available on the web site for released versions. Furthermore,
I think that Forrest doesn't have access to the Java sources, does it?

2) Let the docs being generated via one or several pipelines at runtime
via QDoxSource. This does not seem to be possible since the Java sources
are not available at runtime.

3) This leaves the option of creating an QDox Ant task. This seems to be
the most preferable way. It has the drawback however that the Javadoc
generation process (during build time) is likely to slow down a lot.

Guido Casper
S&N AG, Competence Center Open Source
                     Tel.: +49-5251-1581-87
Klingenderstr. 5