cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Planning the 2.1.5 release
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2004 14:02:27 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Upayavira wrote:
>
>> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>>
>>> It's time to think about the next release. As far as I can see there
>>> are currently no real showstoppers.
>>>
>>> So, is there something that we should do for the 2.1.5 release?
>>

>> Liaise with the CForms guys to find the best time for them.Theirs is
>> the code that is changing the most, and if 2.1.5 is going to be a
>> CForms snapshot, we want it to be a reasonably good one!
>

> CForms is stabilizing quickly, but we'll still need a bit more time to
> stamp it as "stable". So let's not consider CForms as a blocking item
> for a 2.1.5. On the contrary, I think many people are waiting for it
> to start the move from Woody to CForms.

I wasn't considering it a blocking item - I was just saying, more or
less, "let's not release in the middle of a commit!"

All I'd want is a CForms chap to say, "Yes, now is an okay time to
release, CForms is working". Then I'd be happy (and delighted, actually)
to have a release.

Hope that's clear enough!

Upayavira