cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: Planning the 2.1.5 release
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2004 13:55:50 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Upayavira wrote:
>
>> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>>
>>> It's time to think about the next release. As far as I can see there
>>> are currently no real showstoppers.
>>>
>>> So, is there something that we should do for the 2.1.5 release?
>>

>> Liaise with the CForms guys to find the best time for them.Theirs is
>> the code that is changing the most, and if 2.1.5 is going to be a
>> CForms snapshot, we want it to be a reasonably good one!
>

> CForms is stabilizing quickly, but we'll still need a bit more time to
> stamp it as "stable". So let's not consider CForms as a blocking item
> for a 2.1.5. On the contrary, I think many people are waiting for it
> to start the move from Woody to CForms.

But we should not do 2.1.5 release in the middle of some cforms commit,
so to speak. That's the concern, as I understand it, Upayavira raised.
If current state of cforms is "stable" enough in its instability, then
fine, we can do a release. But if no enough testing was done since last
commit to cforms, let's do it and make release later, once we know that
current state of cforms is not worth than woody.

Vadim