cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dynamically changing labels, was Re: Woody + FlowScript : documentation on model
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2004 06:05:14 GMT
Bruno Dumon wrote:

>On Tue, 2004-04-27 at 18:32, Tim Larson wrote:
>

>>[Copying to the dev list for additional discussion]

>><snip/>
>>

>>>no, no and no, respectively
>>>

>><snip/>
>>

>>>However, things like labels are not changeable on the widget instance
>>>level. You're the first one to ask for it. Do you need it? What's your
>>>use case?
>>>

>>I have seen this asked for before, but I do not remember if it was on
>>this ml or on the IRC channel.  The current workaround is to use either
>>an "output" or a "messages" widget in place of the label to gain full
>>control.
>>

>Well if people need it we better make it possible. After all, it's
>possible to change e.g. the selection list, so why shouldn't it be
>possible to change (or rather "override") the label?

Selection-list is used at the application level, whereas storing the
label in the definition is mostly a convenience (it's part of the
display data). Next, we will be asked to dynamically change the hint,
help, accesskey, etc.

IMO, this is going too far. If some people need changing labels, the
simplest way to do it is at the view level, i.e. in the template,
possibly relying on data passed from the flowscript, but out of the
form's responsibility.

Sylvain