cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: fi:booleanfield[fi:styling/@type='output']
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2004 22:05:58 GMT
On 26.04.2004 23:43, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

>> They would also be reset after request.
>>
>> These stylings make only sense if the form widget values are not
>> evaluated. I can imagine a confirmation page, where just the submit
>> widget (ok vs. cancel) is evaluated.
>
> BooleanField is special as "no parameter" means "false", but for regular
> Fields, what do you think about not resetting the value to null if the
> request parameter is not present? This would make @type="output" more
> useful than it is today.

I would like to see a more explicite setting for this behaviour - and
also supporting all widget types. We already talked a bit about a
direction="save|load|both" for the field definition in relation to
reading the values from request. This would replace fd:output and
styling="output" with the above mentioned consequences.

Joerg