cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [cforms] refactoring questions (was Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/forms/java/org/apache/cocoon/forms/formmodel Struct.java Messages.java Repeater.java MultiValueField.java AbstractContainerWidget.java Output.java Upload.java Action.java Form.java ContainerDelegate.java AbstractWidget.java Field.java Union.java BooleanField.java Widget.java)
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2004 16:56:25 GMT
On 26.04.2004 09:51, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> :-) This translation is the right one. I'm always amazed to see that
> French is a foreign language for you and Marc, whose names sound so much
> more frenchy that many french people's name, including mine ;-)

Isn't Sylvain *the* French name? I only met two French men IRL, both
were named Sylvain - if that's a criteria :) The one were you, the other
one worked for Elf Aquitane near by here in Leuna.

> This makes me think that we could even use <ft:widget> for repeaters
> instead of <ft:repeater-widget>. The word "repeater" doesn't bring much
> value IMO.

big +1

I often had the case were I copied stuff from the list view (= repeater)
into the detail view (single elements) and had to rename the elements.

>>> Note that I'd like also that <wi:styling> could be written in the
>>> definition also, as defining the styling in the widget definition can
>>> be a productivity boost with widget repositories!
>>
>> Should be trivial to store this in the form definition.
>
> Yep. But this brings some namespace-related questions: "styling" is
> obviously in the instance namespace ("fi"), but if we introduce some
> "fi:" in the definition, what about "label"? The CForms machinery does
> nothing with it except copying it in the template output, so we may
> consider moving it also to the "fi" namespace.

+1

Joerg